Financial Hardship and Ability to Pay Your Fine
The easiest way to request a fine reduction is to use the Court’s new online request tool (recommended)
If you cannot use the online tool, you may use the forms below to provide information that should be considered in connection with your request.
- TR-320/CR320 - Can't Afford to Pay Fine: Traffic and Other Infractions
- SUPTMV-057 Plea Form – If you need to enter a plea
- SUPTMV-056 Modification Form – To request a change to a court order
Installment payments will be as low as $25 per month if you make your request using the online tool (above). Otherwise, installment payments would be in the amount of at least $40 per month. Please contact the clerk’s office at 831-420-2200 or by sending an email to email@example.com if you have questions.
Showing Good Cause for Outstanding Debt
Individuals with cases in Collections for failing to appear with good cause reasons (incarceration, hospitalization, active-duty military, incapacitation, etc.) may ask the Court to restore their case to a non-collections status by completing the following forms:
- For traffic and minor infraction cases, complete SUPTMV 061 and also TR 320/CR320 for minor violation (and traffic violation) cases
- For misdemeanor failure to pay cases, complete SUPTMV-056 Modification Form
Forms need to be filed with the Criminal and Traffic Clerk’s Office at 701 Ocean Street, Room 120 in Santa Cruz either in person or by mail.
If your case is currently in collections and you cannot afford to pay your debt, you may use the link to for the online tool listed in the previous section. You cannot use the online tool for misdemeanor cases and must submit the above forms to the Clerk’s office.