Scheduling a Hearing for Civil & Probate
An email should be sent to the calendar clerk with the following information:
- Case Number
- Name of filing Party
- Specific type of hearing requested (i.e. Motion for Summary Judgment, etc.)
- Availability considering the setting times for each department listed below
Civil/Probate – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- All hearing types are set 9 weeks out
- Law and Motion Dept 4 (Connolly)
- 12 weeks for hard matters (see list)
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Law and Motion Dept 5 (Volkmann)
- CEQA cases, Class Actions, Petitions for Writ of Mandate
- 23 weeks for hard matters (see list)
- Tuesday & Thursday
- All other motions are set at least 45 days out
If you wish to take a matter off calendar, you may submit that request to the clerk via the email address listed above.
Office Location and Mailing Address:
Superior Court of California,
County of Santa Cruz
701 Ocean Street, Room 110
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Civil Court Clerk Santa Cruz:
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
(831) 420-2204 - Calendars
8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday in Santa Cruz. A mail slot is provided for filings after 3:00 PM.
Come in the morning and avoid the lines.
Items must be received by 5:00 PM.
Phones are answered from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM Monday - Friday.
Electronic Filings can be filed 24 hours per CCP 1010.6